Clark & Partners have been sponsoring the North East Powerchair Football League over the last year, by attending powerchair football matches and providing powerchairs to the teams.
The 2015/2016 season of powerchair football has just finished. This consists of 10 teams split over 2 divisions – Division One and Championship – of 5 players in each.
4 events were held between Hull, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Newcastle, with a team dropping out after the first match day. You can read more on the matches here.
A new committee has been formed for the North East Powerchair Football League.
Looking ahead to the 2016/2017 season, one team has left the league but two new teams will play. This takes the season divisions to:
Premiership – 5 teams
Championship – 6 teams
There are 5 events this season. The confirmed events are:
- Sunday 25th September – Thornaby Pavilion, Middlesbrough
- Sunday 20th November – Haltemprice Leisure Centre, Hull
- Sunday 12th February – The Edge, Leeds
- Sunday 9th April – Benfield Sports Centre, Newcastle
- Sunday 4th June – Thornaby Pavilion, Middlesbrough
Over 70 players will be involved this season.
Craig is our Wheelchair Specialist who works closely with the teams to provide powerchairs which are robust and suited to the sport.